The deadline for the next round of grant funding is 5pm 15th January 2024 but we review applications on an ongoing basis so you can send in your application at any time.
Please send your application via this website and not by email.
How to Apply
Please do not make your application any longer than 4 sides of A4 in total (11 point font size).
We will only accept one application per organisation per annum.
Avoid using jargon or acronyms in your application.
Please provide all of the information requested and in the following order, within your application, regardless of any previous information supplied to us. (We deal with 100's of applications and reports during a year and don't always have time to refer back to other information.)
- Date of application
- Contact for the application- name, job title, email address and telephone number.
- Charity’s name, postal address and website address.
- Your organisation’s charitable status - Charity Registration No -we require that you have been a registered charity for at least one year.
- We will only accept applications from registered charities with an income of less than £2 million.
We will only support organisations and projects who carry out their charitable activities in England, Wales, or Ireland and that have a UK or Irish bank account.
- Summarise what your organisation does, how long you have been in operation and how your organisation is successful in its work.
- Tell us your organisation's key aims and the impact it has.
- Which of the SHCJ grant priorities, set out in the Grant Making Guidelines, does the project meet? State briefly how it meets the priority.
- What type of grant you are requesting and the amount? Only one year grants between £10,000 and £25,000 (maximum €25,000 in Ireland) can be requested, with the main focus on core projects and costs- although capital projects may be considered.
- Describe the main objectives and impact of your project - who will benefit, how many and where.
- Please provide one brief case study of someone who has directly benefited from this work.
Implementation and Timescales
- How and when will the project be implemented and delivered? Is it ongoing or does it have a start and finish date?
Measuring the outcomes
- How will your project be monitored and outcomes measured? Who is supporting your project- volunteers, local authority or other partnerships?
- Please tell us the amount of grant you are seeking and provide supply comprehensive budget details for the project including how much you have secured towards the project so far. (If seeking core costs then supply a summarised organisational budget.)
- Confirm your organisation’s total income and total expenditure from your last audited accounts, explaining any surplus or deficit within your application.
- Please give your budgeted total income and expenditure for your current financial year, state how much you have secured towards the budget and also state your current level of reserves.
- Supply a full set of your most recent signed accounts, which must have gone through an independent examination, as a separate attachment.
- Provide the names, organisations and email addresses for 2 independent referees that we may contact who are willing to provide a reference for your organisation’s work.
Please confirm that your organisation has a safeguarding policy in place, if necessary, and that disclosure checks are carried out on all staff and volunteers working with children, young people or vulnerable adults.
Please confirm that your organisation has an equal opportunities policy in place.
- If you have previously had funding from the Society of the Holy Child Jesus please let us know when the funding was received and what it was for.
- Where did you learn about our grant making?
Please send your application using the online form below. Attach your application document (PDF or Word, no longer than 4 pages and no smaller font size than 11) and a copy of your latest signed accounts (PDF).
Please do not send any other attachments.
Do not need to send your application by email.
You can find our data protection on our main Society of the Holy Child Jesus website:
We collect information when you make an enquiry about our grant making function, when you submit application for a grant and in the course of providing those services to you. The legal basis for processing your personal data is having a legitimate interest. A minimal amount of personal data is collected, stored and processed solely for the purposes described above.
If you have any questions please contact the Grants Administrator using our contact form.
Grant Submission Form